Sunday, October 26, 2008

Celebrations

The bride to be, preparing for marriage at her kitchen party...there are many
lessons to be learned




The rest of the women enter in, as she is colorfully taught through song and dance






And even I learned how to shake it Zam style (notice the matching mother daughter outfits)






Baby Ashley...this I celebrated :)


And Bataata's Graduation...they were excited I promise...



But after the kitchen party comes the wedding





with the women preparing food for the guests ...2 or 3 day old nshima and goat





I knew I had to wear my whole chitengi outfit this time, but I wasn't anticipating feeding wedding cake to the Matron...






But everyone complimented me on my efforts


Even the women in the church contemplated my Zambian style...I'm not quite there,
but at least I'm trying!


And thank goodness I eat nshima with them...
maybe someday I'll become a real Zambian :)



No comments: