Sunday, January 4, 2009

you reap what you sow


    Adventures with the Pastor

which lead to unexpected treasures....you can find anything

   and eat anything (masuku fruit)

like wild mushrooms which grow near the well

 
                     and if you don't have a bag, you can make a "bush basket" for optimum collection 


but my most important lessons have come in the fields, where I have learned to plow and plant the staple crops, maize and groundnuts.
I don't know if I'll ever be able to yell as loud as Pared, or keep the cultivator completely straight over stumps and ant hills...but at least I made an effort, and contributed my meager strength toward the year's supplication.

3 comments:

gracie said...

you like a natural at the plowing dear:)

mattyb said...

Great pics! It looks like you're doing great and having an amazing time meeting and working with people and having some great adventures. I would expect nothing less from you :)It's great getting to see you and where you are.

Unknown said...

Hi Ashley, Keep up the Good work you are doing. I lived in Nakeempa from 1980 to 1991. My Dad was Headmaster then. Very interesting to read what you have been doing. Oswin