Friday, March 6, 2009

Names

I was asked to type class lists for everyone in the school. It makes sense bearing in mind that I am the only one here who knows how to operate a computer. Plus I’m proud to say that I can type using all 10 fingers. Yup, I can navigate words without pecking only using my pointer finger. Anyhow, I’ve decided I was glad for the opportunity to type out all 800 plus names because I could finally have a complete list of all the ones I’ve heard and said “your name is what?!” So here’s my laundry list of favorites, some sad, some outrageous, some hilarious, and others just outright ridiculous. I find myself asking, what have we as a western culture and English language done to this poor generation of African children?? It’s a Disaster….sorry, I mean it’s Disaster, the little boy…

Disaster
Gravity
Bilgay (?)
Nobody
Obvious (duh)
Sure
Phizzy
Petty
Perfect
Humble
Duumbo (this poor child)
Ichiness (always?)
Needy
Trywell (I hope so)
Sharfly (I don’t even know)
Hide
Catlite (hmm)
Memory
Hisfull
Obby ( I think this was supposed to be Bobby)
Delivery
Vespa (sweet ride)
Royness
Flagless (so un-patriotic)
Far
Soviet (former union)
Loveness
Hidden
Effort
Fear
Minister (his destiny awaits)
Dissolve (did you just hear this word in science class?)
Stranger (not to me)

2 comments:

Afriqnboy said...

wow yea, Africans have really interesting names. The stories behind them can be great!

Zelek said...

They're unique that's for sure but how long are they?!

peace/love

Z