Friday, August 29, 2008

address update!

Well I'm hopping on the back of the pickup in about an hour to head back on the only transportation to Nakeempa, so I will quickly do a last update until I return to the world of internet cafes.

A few things:
My arm - many of you may not know but I broke my arm 3 days before I flew to Zambia...oops! It seems my timing is always perfect, but in terms of a broken arm it couldn't have been better. I was in a heated game of futbol (soccer) at orientation, and Luis (a good sized Bolivian man) and I were racing toward a ball when we collided. He did a roll, but I hit the ground a bit harder and managed to break my right arm. After trying to convince myself I was ok, I finally went to the ER, and they told me it was broken...shoot...but everything is AOK because the place it has been broken doesn't need to be set. So they sent me off with a sling and 4-6 weeks of taking it easy. So that's kind of annoying, and I'm still having to watch how hard I use it, but soon enough I will be washing my clothes (by hand) and doing the cooking. And eventually I will receive a bike so I can explore my surroundings a bit. But overall, it's fine, only slightly bruised as of now, and healing quickly!

My address - There is no mail service in the village but if anyone would like to send me anything I will pick things up at this address:
Ashley Kraybill
c/o Jocelyn Snyder
Choma Secondary School
Box 630139
Choma, Zambia

So I'm not sure when I'll be back here, but I'd love to return to receive your emails! I'm imagining that it will be a long week of sitting around the village, but I will be preparing for school, and continuing to adjust to a very different life. There are many challenges ahead so I welcome your thoughts and prayers.

love you all!

1 comment:

BMK said...

I'll read your blog if you'll read my blog. Except, Zambia is a heck of a lot more interesting than Elkhart! That being said, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. We love you Ashley. Beth and for Ken