Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mwanawasa

I'm mourning, for seven days...that's my excuse...

No, I don't actually have an excuse. In fact, the more I put off writing, the more I have to say, and the more overwhelming it seems to describe in words the emotions and experiences that I've had in the past week and a half. However, this too is just a brief update.

Though the update includes some key information! The country of Zambia is currently taking seven days to mourn the death of the president Levy, Mwanawasa. The announcement came yesterday via radio, but most think he kicked the can about a month ago. Even so, it's causing a bit of a raucous, seeing as there are no real guidelines for what to do in a situation such as this. No violence though only confusion. But in the next 90 days elections will occur, and things could change quickly. So we will see...history is in the making!

As for me, I am alive and well :)

There will be more soon on orientation in Akron, the two days of travel, and my arrival in Lusaka, Zambia. I know you're all holding your breath, but sit tight and maybe tomorrow morning I can divulge a bit more.

Love you all!

2 comments:

gracie said...

So good to hear from you! Love you:)

.adam. said...

I was thinking about you today. I hope all is going well alla en el otro lado. espero tu proximo post.

cuidate
adam